Friday, October 29, 2010

a little prayer.

“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.”
--The serenity prayer

I have read this quote twice this week; I think it’s a great quote for this week. Since, I am going through a lot with work, school, and friendships. Although I read this quote and understand it, I still see myself slipping and sometimes not accepting things at work. So, I’ll be working on that next week, along with finding the courage to change some things I know I can.

The extended version of the prayer

God, grant us the...
Serenity to accept things we cannot change,
Courage to change the things we can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference
Patience for the things that take time
Appreciation for all that we have, and
Tolerance for those with different struggles
Freedom to live beyond the limitations of our past ways, the
Ability to feel your love for us and our love for each other and the
Strength to get up and try again even when we feel it is hopeless.



ps.
I haven’t done a 365 ways to start your day positive so I wanted to get back into the groove of things. When this book is finished, I think I want to start my own. With the positive and silly thoughts that are on my mind daily.

1 comment:

PIG said...

Hey honey, i like the 365 positive ways to start your day - i read it on the train :) as im going to work. I miss you so much, bc I took for granted having you in my bubble on a semi- daily basis. I still believe we can be happy making moneys and we will find that good place one day, but i need more of your sunshine right now! your compliment on my blog means more to me than anything <3