Thursday, December 9, 2010

22 with lots to do

I turned 22 years young yesterday. I feel like 22 will be a good year for me (I hope I’m right with this). I made three lists that must get done before I turn 23 on December 8th, 2011. I have 22 goals. I have 22 things I want to see/do. I also have 22 things to learn. I actually had more to write down, but I guess there can always be a being 23 list! I have an overflowing need to get a lot done; I’m pretty excited to get started! So, welcome to my journey of being 22. Life’s too short to sit around and wait.
THE LIST
Goals:open etsy shop
go back to school
go to church more often
spend more time with family
drink more water
save money
make more time for friends
finish book list
work out weekly
enjoy each day for what it is and fully
volunteer at an animal shelter
volunteer for kid city (little kids Sunday school)
spend less time on facebook, haha
draw/paint everyday
buy more vintage! (for store of course ; )
take more pictures
tour chicago (I have lived here for two years now! Actually all my life if you count living only 45 minutes from the city) I still haven’t taken a picture in front of the bean!I took a picture!
make more phone calls
pay off all credit cards!
buy a monthly package for ballet class (I like how I follow the pay off credit cards with a “BUY THIS” goal ; )
build a snowman
blog every single day
To see/do:visit the sears tower (yes, I still have yet to go inside or ever walk up next to it)
go to the beach
visit heather again, in richmond, va
visit the modern wing of the art institute of Chicago
see a show at the chicago theater
go on a mega bus trip
have a glass of wine at the red canary
visit the shed aquarium
go camping (not sure where)
visit brookfield zoo
eat swirlz cupcakes at the lily pool pond in lincoln park go to a blackhawks game
go to a sox game
go to a cubs game (a lot of gaming going on : )
visit frank lloyd wrights gravestone
go to see all of his houses in oak park

spend a whole day at the library
enjoy a 5% milk cappuccino at intelligentsia with mia (enjoy many actually)
go ice skating in millennium park
go on a carriage ride in the loop!
walk the magnificent mile
go on the ferris wheel at navy pier



To learn:how to knit
learn the bulgarian alphabet
to sew (better) by hand and machine
patience with knowing that things take time
learn how to use my camera in all modes
learn photoshop (really well)
learn how to cook pasta from scratch (Hey Maeve!)
learn how to code better with blogger (posting links and such)
learn how to play the piano
and guitar (just a song or two)
learn how to make an origami boat : )
learn how to balance life better (family, friends, myself, ect)
learn how to make delicious baked chicken like my uncle
and my grandmas sweet SWEET potatoes
learn how to play the “hard” setting on rock band
learn how to use the leftovers of one meal and turn it into something fresh and just as good
learn how to play chess
learn how to make thee best omelet (better than Shaun’s omelets)
learn more about vintage clothing

learn the French alphabet (again)
learn how to play poker
learn how to french braid my own hair
one year. 66 things. a lot of living.



DONE. CHECK. WOO!

6 comments:

ashley moe said...

happy birthday!
i turn 22 in a few weeks, too.
i bet you can get to all your goals (: if not, there's always next year!

Maeve said...

I can help ya with a few of those goals, they all sound great!

PIG said...

Happy twenty second birthday dollface, many happy years to come! And more things to learn! I love you

Tarah Zdunic said...

happy birthday! thanks for your sweet comment, and i hope you achieve every goal in the coming year :) also, i am following you now!

Alisha Danielle said...

dude, holy bananas. you want to do alot of the same stuff i want to accomplish as well, esp the ballet and vintage. and i live off etsy. literally everyday im on there. we def should help each other out! :)

Holly said...

happy birthday lovely!!!!!!! your lists are so wonderful & inspiring! i want to make my own '24 things' list ;) thanks for inviting us to your party. we still have your card here at the house! hehe. <3 you!!!