Thursday, October 21, 2010

the details.

I am all about inspiration. I love getting inspired by almost everything. People, the smell of coffee, love, goodness, fall, blank pages, routines, the list will go on. But, you know what really inspires me? Interviews. I love hearing/reading what people have to say. I love learning what inspires others. I love the little things that make people unique. I love seeing what others ‘notice’ in this world. I love a lot of things immensely. It’s sometimes too much, I think.






Can you tell us a little bit about working and living with Fab?"
It's amazing to be able to work and play music whenever one of us is inspired, but that's also sometimes a curse. When you're at a studio or have a rehearsal space that you go to, there's usually some sort of curfew, but when you live and work with your boyfriend/band mate (and have well-insulated walls), our only cut-off is when someone decides to be a bummer and call it a night. I'm kind of weird in the way of the clock; There's a mother in me that sees it getting too late and feels like we're gonna turn into blueberries or something if we're not in bed by a decent hour. It's become a ritual for us to pick up two or three bottles of wine and work on music till the last drop, then go to bed, but recently Fab came home with a case of wine, and when he walked through the door with it, I was like, 'Jeez, are we gonna finish the record tonight?'"

Who are your style heroes?
"Hmmm... I think the only person in my life I could really call a style 'hero' would be Madonna. Growing up, I was utterly mesmerized by everything about her: the way she moved, the way she dressed, her power and sexuality... she always crossed the line just perfectly. For me, her style and originality are still completely unrivaled. Back when we were little, my sister and I had a tape with all her '80s music videos and we would put it on every day after school and just study her. Everything she wore always seemed so effortlessly fashionable. I remember that in the video for Borderline, she wore these bright orange heels with lime green socks that were so insane. I don't know what it was about that combination that enthralled me so much, but it's one of those magical little weird things that has stayed with me to this day. I remember being at a toy store when I was about 5 or 6 and finally finding that flaming orange pair of heels that I'd looked for for ages! Unfortunately, they were Barbie-sized, but I held onto those tiny shoes even after I got rid of my Barbies."
Photos and Interview--refinery29.com

No comments: