Saturday, September 4, 2010

helping others and learning to help yourself.

“It was on my fifth birthday that Papa put his hand on my shoulder and said, ‘Remember, my son, if you ever need a helping hand, you’ll find one at the end of your arm.”
Sam Levenson

For what is going on in my life right now this post couldn’t be more on point with what’s happening/going on in my life right now. I actually talked to a friend about this subject—relatively. It says ‘the successful person heeds this quote and understands that in order to move forward, she needs to use her own helping hand.
We cannot put the responsibility for moving forward on another, or wait for someone to help us. We have to live every day, helping ourselves down the road of our dreams. I have always (sad to say) that person that has many goals. Yet, I rarely accomplished them. It goes on to say 10% of people actually live that way. This is a sad thought.

I believe in myself now. Something I didn’t have a few years ago. In the past two years I have learned SO MUCH. It truly amazes me.
It goes on to say (again, I know, I say this a lot!)
What area of your life are you waiting for help in? Instead of spending time waiting, spend time generating a list of what you need to know, and then get to where you want to be.
Easier said than done? Yes. I think so too. Just take it day by day, that’s all we can do. We no longer stall in life; instead I seek solutions— ill get there.

I already posted this a while back in my blog. This is the full poem..(of the quote). I read this poem EVERYDAY.
For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone. People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; Never throw out anybody. Remember, If you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.
ps. if youre reading. Thank you!

1 comment:

magnoliaamber said...

true, one can't help others without helping themselves first, that's exactly what I am doing now. The road is still long and winding:)