Monday, September 6, 2010

dont ever forget to live.

“At some point during your search for the meaning of life, don’t forget to do a little living.”
- Quoted from A Thousand Paths to Tranquility


Lately I have been doing a lot of learning, discovering, and searching. This quote makes me think.. maybe I should slow down. Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. I am here! Okay! I need to remember to not get lost in finding but really start living. She goes on to say as many people search for their passion or for the meaning of life, they are wrapped up in “tomorrows.” The goal is to get to that “special tomorrow” where fullness and meaning is discovered, and problems lessen.

It goes on to say in order to find the meaning in life we must live. We can’t live for tomorrow, next week, next month or even next year. If we spend our time wrapped up in thoughts of what’s next, then we actually end up losing the gifts of today. Which, is actually moving, self-discovery further away from us.

Something to think about

Another one of my favorite Audrey quote that goes with this

"Pick the day. Enjoy it - to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come... The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present, and I don't want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future."Audrey Hepburn

No comments: