Friday, August 13, 2010

good morning. Actually good afternoon.





Reading: good morning 365 positive ways to start your day


I am going to make this a daily update from now. I believe this will help me visualize and actually allow this book to be a part of my life. (I won’t type the book) just a summery, highlights and what stands out.. And then my thoughts of course:-].


Today
“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away”
-unknown


I have heard this quote before.. I have always liked it but reading this book I like it even more. It talks about death and learning to find blessings in tragedy. Death has been on my mind a lot lately. Its been two years since my mother has passed away.. but I am still dealing with it constantly. It goes on to say by focusing on the gifts that he(her brother) left behind, instead of the moments we do not have together anymore. One of the greatest gifts we can find in tragedy is awareness (this is so true!) We learn the value of a moment—of a second. We learn not to take any moment for granted. I am still terrible at this. I know how life can just end in a second and I still worry about silly things.. I don’t know if this will ever stop but this week, I am going to focus on the simple things and the moments that take my breath away.




Photo- Banksy

No comments: